Friday, July 17, 2015

ALIEN FROM L.A. / Golan-Globus Productions - 1988

here we go with an unlikely little flick starring the very cute Kathy Ireland as mousey girl, Wanda Saknussemm. After appearing on CHARLES IN CHARGE in 1985, Kathy landed this role and also did the follow up feature as Wanda in JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH the same year.

It's all about a girl named Wanda! Yeah, big deal, I have a cousin named Wanda too.

Anywho, Wanda wants to know why handsome surfer dude Robbie doesn't like her and you will hear what he has to say about that in the sound clip...

I've got a little sound clip for your approval, sooooo, you can push the big red 'GO' button over by our underground fort, NOW, Rufus The Gnat!.. Here's a sample of... ALIEN FROM LA!

Believe it or not, Wanda discovers a hidden world with the help of some writings by her uncle or something (it's sooo hard for me to try and follow lame stories like this).

She falls down a cavern (I think) and lands in a big pile of sand. There, a weirdo in a weird vehicle gives her a ride to wherever the Hell she's going...

The underground world she discovers looks like an excuse to show off the contemporary LA music and art scene at the time. You don't have to spend money on costumes because the extras just show up as is..

Okay, this shot I like! I swear, I would give my left elbow for a home like this, no kidding!!

This is my favorite part of the movie. They crop the shots to make it easy to imagine that Wanda is nude, even though she has a towel around her. At least they did something right!

Anyway, Wanda is starting to feel sexy and all... Hoo-ray!!!

This jerk is a big shot in Stupidville, he has Wanda drugged, wonder what's on his mind.

Here you go, three too happy inhabitants showing off their chops!

Some science geeks (I believe) shoot Wanda back up to the land of suntans... Whoosh!!

Robbie is intrigued by the new Wanda, and, why not!?.. Tune in tomorrow when we're back with more fun just for you!

1 comment:

Grant said...

I've always been fond of this one, even apart from having Kathy Ireland as a reason.

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??