Monday, December 25, 2017

SOME AWESOME MOVIE MONSTER MODELS FOR X-MAS!

I told Eegah!! that I should get the day off since, you know, it's X-Mas and all, and, he laughed at me!.. So, here are some great movie monster models for you to check out.

Lettuce start with a great looking model from IT CONQUERED THE WORLD. I still have my Billiken version of this classic creature from my creator, Mr. Paul Blaisdell...

This robot model from TARGET EARTH looks very cool, in fact, you'd think that the movie itself couldn't help but be a killer klassic!

Not sure why, but, this model for ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS is my favorite of the batch! Maybe because it'e so damn kitschy cool...

This Martian from WAR OF THE WORLDS is simply mind boggling! In the movie, you never get to see the thing's bottom half, so, no telling what that looks like!

Love the design of the creatures in I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE, this time they have enough sense to put pants on these horny males from another world!

Here's another great model for IT! THE TERROR FROM BEYOND SPACE, love all of those creepy three-fingered monsters. Of course, this is another classic Blaisdell design...

When I saw CURSE OF THE DEMON in 1957, I swear, it was mind boggling. What a thrill it was for a nine year old monster nut, I mean, like... WOW!!!

Here's a wild 'n' weird outdoor scene with three mental vampires from FIEND WITHOUT A FACE. You can see that the one dead creature has been shot!

This profile shot of Paul Blaisdell's space creature from BEAST WITH A MILLION EYES is amazing, it looks ultra modern and the costume design is absolutely alien!!

Here's a nice model of the ID Monster from FORBIDDEN PLANET, you can see what it actually looks like when it's completely visible!

Another great model of THE MONSTER THAT CHALLENGED THE WORLD, man, that is one creepy looking creature, sure wouldn't want to meet up with it in a dark alley!!

Look at this awesome scene from TOBOR THE GREAT, they played this one on TV a lot in the fifties and would watch it whenever it aired!

We'll end the show with PHANTOM PLANET, this is a really interesting creature played by Dungeon god, Richard Kiel... So, Merry Christmas to all of our readers, we do it all for you little monsters out there...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES! I want 'em ALL! HaHa...I know those critters are expensive, so the only guys I've got here are the classic LOST IN SPACE Robot toy with lights and sounds that came out over 15 years ago, and the two alien types from the OUTER LIMITS "Keeper of the Purple Twilight" episode. But I prefer Spam Can Man from Tabonga Labs! :D

TABONGA! said...

Now, that's a compliment! That little critter is very cool, thanks pal!

Anonymous said...

Thanks back atcha, Mr. Tabonga, sir!!! :)

Grant said...

The PHANTOM PLANET model really captures the "big dog" look (as MST3K put it) of that creature.

Randall Landers said...

Terrific models!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone made a toy or kit of the BRAIN FROM PLANET AROUS? I'd pay good money (well, maybe a few bucks in change and some pocket lint?) for one of Gor, the eeevil brain!

TABONGA! said...

Anon - Yes, just search 'BFPA model kit' - There's one I saw with the ax in it, although, I think they could have done better paint job...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mr. Tabonga...it's a case of "too much detail" and a lousy paint job on the BRAIN FROM PLANET AROUS figure, apparently in an effort to make it look like something from Giger's ALIEN-verse. The AROUS BRAIN, name of Gor, was far simpler in design and construction, IMHO.

My $20 LIS Robot toy bought around the year 2000 was fantastic and I'd pit it against any of the kits or sculpts I've seen. Same goes for the Jupiter 2 ship and Space Pod, each around $20 new retail price at the time.

I made my own scratch-built IT CONQUERED THE WORLD "Beulah" figure out of styrofoam, latex, pipe cleaners, and acrylic paint back in the '80s, and showed it to a couple of pro FX artists who were extremely complementary...I have color slides of IT somewhere. Not as good as your own critters, though!

Dr. Theda said...

Awesome post !!! (have only ever seen images of a few of these)...
A late Merry Christmas and wishing you guys a great New Year !!!

TABONGA! said...

Thanks for all the comments guys, and Doc, Happy New Year to you and yours also...

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??